This position is being advertised for our partner Canadian Immigration firms. The Student Herald is a licensed immigration recruiter of Nova Scotia
Mechanics/Automotive Service Engineers: This position requires applicants with experience in all the below job descriptions
1) Review work orders and discuss work with supervisor
2) Inspect motor in operation, road test motor vehicle, and test automotive systems and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults
3) Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems including fuel system, brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate control, and electrical and electronic systems using hand tools and other specialized automotive repair equipment
4) Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer’s performance specifications
5) Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes, lubrications and tune ups
6) Advise customers on work performed, general vehicle condition and future repair requirements.
7) Mechanical repairers, motor vehicle manufacturing, perform some or all of the following duties:
8) Inspect and test mechanical units, such as engines, transmissions, axles and brake systems, to locate faults and malfunctions
9) Diagnose faults or malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor to determine whether to repair or replace unit
10) Repair or replace mechanical units or components using hand and power tools
11) Test and adjust units to specifications for proper performance
12) Complete reports to record problems and work performed.